Monday 13 May 2013

frame build



After spending the entire day yesterday in the workshop this is what I came up with.
I got so carried away with the build that I completely forgot that I 'am supposed to take pictures 
during the build process.

Well this is what I did.

I used 30 mm square tubing for the frame cut to 420 mm lengths for the sides and 400 mm for the height.
in the corners I mounted four 40x40x10 pieces of mild steel with 20 mm inner diameter.

The Z axis will be moved by four M12 threaded rods.
I placed two guide plates on the inner sides with holes drilled and tapped for M6 bolts.
These will be used to adjust the threaded rod.
two roller bearing will hold the threaded in place and allow it to move freely. 


The X- Y-axis are mounted on linear roller bearings.

I will still be able to have a printable area of 214x214 when all is done

I ordered an extruder from a local vendor I found online will be getting it in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment